Monday, June 9, 2008

Things I have learned since becoming a mother.....

The past three weeks have flown by. I don't know if it is because we have been so busy with Maggie, or just so tired. She is doing great - growing like a weed. She loves to snuggle and there are plenty of people around who are more than willing to hold her. She is sleeping pretty good through the night, she usually just gets up one time. I have learned so many things during this time, here are just a few.
  • I never knew I could love someone so much. I can just sit and watch her sleep.
  • I love it when she smiles at me (although I know she is not able to do it deliberately yet)
  • She makes the funniest faces, I have a feeling she is going to be very expressive when she gets older.
  • My feet and ankles did return to normal (and it was weird to see them). Also it is almost like Christmas being able to wear all of my shoes again!
  • I don't need as much sleep as I always thought. Getting up in the middle of the night is not as hard as I thought it would be.
  • A bouncer is a good thing - a very good thing.
  • Maggie can spit up more than you ever thought - and it doesn't faze her at all.
  • It is so much fun dressing her up, even if we are just staying home. She also has learned to tolerate having her outfit changed, which is a good thing, since we have to change them quite often.
  • Shopping for myself is not nearly as much fun as shopping for Maggie.
  • I am already dreading going back to work in August.
  • It is so much fun to watch her family members hold her and talk to her. It brings tears to my eyes to think how much she is loved.
  • Being a mother is a huge responsibility. There are so many things in the future I wonder about - what will her personality be like, will she love to read, how will we handle her first date, but most of all I just pray that we will be the parents she needs and will show her the way.
TPC

2 comments:

Emily Williams said...

Your reflections are helpful to consider as I wonder what life will be like once our little girl arrives. Greg and I are so happy for both you and Jeremy. We can't wait to meet Maggie and for you to meet our daughter. Only 4 more months!

socialchick said...

make sure you enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast. It feels like yersterday that I had my little girls but now they are 2 and 5 months.
Socialchick