Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New news

Wow, I can't believe that Christmas is just two days away - and I STILL have not finished all of my shopping.  Hmm. . . might have to get extra creative this year.  Maggie turned seven months last week and has started army crawling all over the place.  She will see the smallest piece of something on the floor and will "crawl" to it.  Usually she has one of her stackable rings in one hand, so it is quite interesting to watch her.  When we take something away from her she shouldn't have, she isn't concerned, just looks around the room to see what else she can find.  She has also learned how to drink out of a straw and lunges toward any drink she sees.  Yesterday we found her sitting up in her crib, but missed her process of getting into that position.  :(  We are so excited about Christmas this year and being able to celebrate it with her!

We went up to Louisville a couple of weeks ago.  It was a very impulsive trip and we went for several reasons.   I wanted to see my former co-workers and it was actually graduation at the seminary.  It was wonderful hanging out with old friends.  I think that has been the hardest part of moving back to Chipley for me - not having the close friends I had up there.  The graduation ceremony was wonderful - it was really different from my graduation from UF.  It was a little  bittersweet for me, as Ben and Greg started seminary the same time as Jeremy and if Jeremy hadn't of gotten sick, he would have either been there with them, or been really close.  I still don't understand why he got sick, just trusting God one day at a time.  We are very excited for Ben and Greg and their families as they take the next step in their lives!  It was also a chance for us to meet Hannah and Eva who were actually born on the same day.  We loved getting to hang out with everyone.  I think Maggie loved the babies too.  Toward the end of the week, however, I think she became a little too comfortable - she kept trying to pull Eva's socks off and eat them! She loved playing with Skeeter, he would actually play with her and not just keep a wide berth like Cole.  Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:
All of the guys with their girls

Hannah, Eva and Maggie
 Eva and Maggs

Skeeter and Maggie playing tug-of-war
This week has been wonderful being off of work.  I have been able to sleep in and spend so much time with Jeremy and Maggie. I really think I am going to be spoiled after being off for two weeks.
It is getting late and I probably need to start getting ready for bed, tomorrow will be another busy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the one where Maggs is playing tug-of-war!

Hope your family has a Merry Christmas!!

Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! We love you all.
Sandi, Arnold, David, & Emily