Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cakes

When we lived in Louisville, I took the first two Wilton courses at Michaels.  I was actually halfway through the third one when Jeremy got sick. My thought when I started was to be able to make our kids birthday cakes in stead of buying them.  I really enjoyed the classes and made several cakes while we were there for different things.  I have only made a couple since moving back home, for several reasons.  I will have to see if we can find the pictures.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, we did four in one week.  Three birthday cakes and one cake to say "thank you".  We decided instead of doing roses, I would experiment with marshmallow fondant.  Jeremy wanted a batman cake, so we decided to do the bat signal from the new batman movies. I think the cakes turned out pretty well.  Here are a couple of pictures:

 
  
  
  
  
  
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...and how good these cakes were. I wish my pictures would have turned out so I could have posted on my blog. But next time. I still can't get over how cute my "thank you" cake was. Just adorable. And dad's cake..what a work of beauty!! Thanks so much!! I will be calling you again soon.

Anonymous said...

So good! And tasted great too!

ebworley said...

These are beautiful! I LOVE the fall leaf one. I know where I'll be getting my cakes from now on. You should definately do this on the side. You're great at it!

Anonymous said...

Very good job! They all look amazing!