Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you vote?

    We sure did, we took advantage of the early voting here in Florida, it was actually just a couple days after my surgery.  So there I was hobbling into the Supervisor of Elections, in a good bit of pain and it took me so long to vote because I had trouble focusing due to the medicine I am on.  The point is I did it and I hope everyone is taking advantage of the priviledge  that we have as Americans. 
    I am so very glad that I do live in a free country where I do get to vote, I am very proud to be an American. Even though I may not agree with everything, so sometimes most anything our politicians do, I still think this is the best place that you can live today.  This brings to mind something that has been on my heart for a while now.  I think by and large we Christians have taken ourselves out of the public arena, politics included.  Then we get so upset that our country is going to pot. If the salt is not in the mix how should we expect the mix to be salty?  I think we get to comfortable in our pews, or in most cases these days in our chairs at church and are not out in the world making a difference.  I am very guilty of doing this myself... Our country does indeed change, but is it the change that either of the candidate are offering? 
    I am comforted in the fact that the Lord knows everything that is going to happen today, He knows where all the chips will fall and if much more informed than any of the pundits and pollsters.  With that said our elected officials still need our prayers, as my mother-in-law says our knees should have callouses on them from praying so much, this should be the case if our candidate wins or the whoever.
    Either way I challenge everyone out there to vote!  Like I said before, if I can manage to drag myself out to the poll then so should you!  If we make the mistake and think our vote doesn't count, then does that not negate what countless soldiers have fought, sacrificed and even paid the ultimate price for? Freedom isn't free and it is something that we should never, ever take lightly! So vote and then get ready to pray, because what ever happens this election, prayer is the only thing that can change our nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen.