Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear President Obama.....

Today I had planned on writing a government outrage post about a new law pertaining to children's products, but due to a post I read recently on Castles Made of Sand I decided to postpone said post and write a letter to the President. I have long though about writing letters to Service men to show my support, and I am always talking about writing letters to our officials. I plan to write at least one a week and alternate my recipients. 
Here is the letter I am sending to the President this week.
Dear Mr. President,
            Let me first congratulate you and your staff on the election.  It is truly an historic time in our country, as any election and change of power always is in our great country. I do have a positive outlook and I have no doubt that you are excited about your plans for our nation.
            I implore you to continually seek the Lord’s guidance in all your decisions. I have no idea what you relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ is, all I can tell you is the difference He has made in my life. He is Author of hope and change and the only One who can truly bring about change in our country. The Lord is my comfort in times trouble and help in times of need. He has given me purpose in life and blessed me beyond my need and far greater than what I deserve. 
Also, I ask that would strive to keep the market free and work to right some of the wrongs of the last administration, whose leader I greatly admire. While I was watching your Inaugural address there were many points that I whole-heartedly agree with you. You stated that that the economy is in need of bold and swift action, I agree that change does need to be made. You also alluded to past achievements of free men and women who in times of need stepped up with courage and used their imagination to change the world.  I ask that you would indeed help to keep the market free and open so that individuals with a dream, a hobby or a skill can work to develop and realize that dream. There is truly no other place in the world, with enough work, you can do and become anything. Your current position is case in point of that fact and I admire your determination and accomplishment.
            I pray that you would continue to support and encourage our brave men and women in the armed forces who give their all so that we can continue to enjoy freedom and even spread freedom to other parts of the world.
            I am proud to be a Christian and I blessed to be a citizen of the United States. I look forward to the future with great anticipation and much prayer. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
                                                                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                                                             Jeremy Clifton
The President, Barack Hussein Obama
White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC  20500
Phone: 202-456-1414
or: 202-456-1111
Fax: 202-456-2461
E-Mail: The President, White House
 
    As a Christian I have a Biblical mandate to support our leaders, and as Molly stated our voice can never be heard unless we speak up and actually say something. 

No comments: