Monday, February 9, 2009

Cookie Caper-Chocolate Chip I

Cookies are one of my favorite sweet things to eat. Ice Cream would top that list by far, but cookies are pretty close and hey they do have cookies and cream and more recently cookie dough ice cream. I like to make cookies and try out new recipes so I figured I would add another series to the blog, the Cookie Caper. I got the idea off another blog and they term there series cookie carnival. I will post these once a month, perhaps twice this month because I didn't start in January, have to make up for lost time, that sort of thing.
I figured I would start with my favorite chocolate chip. There are a million recipes for chocolate chip cookies, some good, some great and some not so much. I had been using the recipe off the Pillsbury bag, which is a fantastic cookie, but I have several recipes that I have ran across that I have been wanting to try. Here is the first one. It was adapted from Alton Brown, of Food Network fame. These are made with bread flour and I expected them to be a bit more chewy than how mine turned out, but still good! Even better today, the day after I made them.
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 2 1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
 These were made for last night's Chili Supper at church. I hope they were enjoyed.

No comments: